While comparing rain shower head vs regular shower head, you can become confused. Both have different functions than other however, they have one thing common, its a shower head.
Usually, we have a shower when needed to wash and clean our body. Moreover, we can always have pleasant and soothing shower when we want peace of mind.
Rain shower heads are usually larger and smother than regular shower heads. They will let you feel natural rain fall experience all over your body.
Before going into detail about rain shower head vs regular, we must learn about the rain shower head and how it works. Then we can differentiate between them.
What is a Rain Shower Head?
A rain shower head is a type of shower head that provides rain fall soothing and relaxing feelings. You will feel like showering under natural rain.
Rainfall is pretty amazing and showering under the rain is a great feelings. However, we can’t get into rain whenever we want. It has to be raining and you have to be prepared to be under the rain.
Raining is a natural thing so you can’t always have it your way. Therefore, the rain shower head will help you with the rainfall feeling whenever you want.
After all day of hard work and traffic, you surely want a shower to calm your body and soul. In addition, rain fall shower will make you feel even better than regular shower.
- Usually, rain shower heads are ceiling mounted. So, you need ceiling plumbing setting before installing the shower head. However, wall mounted rain shower head also available.
- These showers are larger and bigger than regular. Therefore, you may need larger showering space for it. The size may differ from 6″ to 18″.
- Typically, these shower heads are square in size. That is to say, modern models have other sizes like rectangular, circular or even tri-angle sizes and shapes.
- These shower heads don’t spray water like regular shower heads. Water falls like rain from these shower heads on your body.
- Consumes a lot of water like 2 to 4 GPM. Low water flow can cause disrupted rain fall from the shower.
- Usually, the water pressure depends on the water flow pressure. In other words, these aren’t high pressure shower heads. However, more updated design can produce high pressure rain fall also.
- You can use LED lighting with the shower to take the whole showering experience on another level. LED rain shower heads are available and come with many extra and luxurious features.
Rain Shower Head VS Regular: Basic Differences
We choose some features and functionality to differ and compare between regular vs rain shower head. Based on those we can easily find the pros and cons among those two.
We all have shower in our bathroom, its nothing to think about. However, the situation changes when you install a rain shower. It will change the overall impression and classiness of your simple bathroom.
Rain shower heads are luxurious and attractive to begin with. Moreover, it will take the whole showering experience to the next level. Regular shower heads are common and none will notice. However, after adding a rain shower, your family members along with relatives and friends who come to your house will appreciate and encourage your choice.
Size and Shape
Regular shower heads are usually round shape and smaller in size. That is to say, rain showers are larger and comes with different shapes and functionality.
Usual rain showers are square shape with 8″ to 16″ size. In addition, you can get circular or round, rectangular or other shapes. Moreover, you can change the water flow rate along with LED lighting to add luxurious feelings while showering.
Rain showers use a lot of water. Its the main problem with this luxury shower head. Moreover, it can use around 1.2 GPM to 4.2 GPM water. Some states don’t support shower heads with 2.5 GPM water flow.
Therefore, if you have expensive water supply then better avoid using rain shower. In addition, rain showers have slow water flow, so it will take more time to complete your shower. In other words, more water usage. Meanwhile, with high pressure water flow regular shower heads, you can complete shower in minutes. Therefore, saves a lot of water.